Founders for the Arts was created to help elevate the perception of the arts in Texas. The goal is to raise art education to a level equal to math and science.
Studies undertaken in the past two decades show students who are exposed to the arts at an early age through the primary school years, field better scores on standardized tests, and there is a noticeable difference in dropout rates among teens who are involved in the arts during middle and high school years.
In addition, statistics show art is an economic generator for the State of Texas.
Founders for the Arts is an annual giving program asking members to contribute $1,000 a year to support the Trust and its programs.
Special thanks to Joci Straus and Jack Blanton, Sr. for chairing the initial campaign to create Founders for the Arts.
Founders for the Arts supports:
- A strategic marketing and advertising plan using all forms of media, public service announcements, our Institutional Partners (a network of arts organizations statewide), and events around the State to raise awareness of the importance of the arts.
- Expand the scope and awareness of our Young Masters scholarships to all schools grades 8-12 in Texas, including showcase performances around the State.
- Leverage support from foundations and corporations through matching and giving opportunities.
As a Founder, you begin the cycle of support. Your leadership provides the foundation upon which a secure future for the arts in Texas can be firmly built.
Founders for the Arts benefits:
- Advanced purchase opportunity and premiere seating for Texas Medal of Arts Awards
- Invitation to special events with the Texas Cultural Trust Board and TCA Commissioners
- Name recognition as a Founders for the Arts member on the Texas Cultural Trust website